Sir Paul McCartney has told US media he appears to be a victim of phone hacking and will go to the police.
It comes after his ex-wife Heather Mills alleged a senior Mirror Group journalist admitted hacking into voicemail messages left by him.
The former Beatle said he expected to learn more when he talked to police in the UK once his US tour was over.
Speaking from Ohio, he told journalists phone hacking was "a horrendous violation of privacy".
He said: "When I go back [to Britain] after this tour, I am going to talk to the police because apparently I have been hacked.
"I don't know much about it because they won't tell anyone except the person themselves. So I will be talking to them about that.
"I do think it's horrendous violation of privacy. I do think it has been going on for a long time and I do think more people than we know knew about it.
"But I think I should just listen and hear what the facts are before I comment."
source: bbcukBerita Lain:
- Zlitan: Gaddafi forces say they control key Libyan town
- Syria violence: Assaddan#039;s multi-party decree dismissed
- Smolensk air crash: Poland sacks top military officers
- Nigeria Ogoniland oil clean-up dan#039;could take 30 yearsdan#039;
- Virginia Tech on lockdown over dan#039;gundan#039; report
05 Aug, 2011
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com