The US House of Representatives has passed a last-minute deal to avoid a federal debt default.
The bill was approved by 269 votes to 161.
The legislation must now be passed by the US Congress's upper chamber, the Senate, and approved by President Barack Obama to become law.
The package would raise the debt ceiling by up to $2.4tn (1.5tn) – from $14.3tn – and make budget savings worth a similar amount over 10 years.
source: bbcukBerita Lain:
- US debt limit: House votes on last-minute deal
- Nato investigates BBC reporterdan#039;s death in Afghanistan
- Syrian tanks launch fresh attack on city of Hama
- Karnataka dan#039;mining scamdan#039; leader Yeddyurappa quits
- North Korea dan#039;keendan#039; for six-party nuclear talks
02 Aug, 2011
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com